Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ideas and suggestions

Go down 
+4
HolyCrapDudeXD
Zemog
[TG] Chief (alex) -Admin-
[TG]Hailstorm
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain
[TG]Hailstorm

Ideas and suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Some ideas for the mode   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:31 pm

I just thought I'd add some ideas for the (soon to be?) TG Rp server! I'd like anyone that replies to post their own ideas, and maybe post what they'd like the server to be called. I've devided theese suggestions into sections, and to keep track of all the ideas it would be good for you to do so to.

1* Everyday life and jobs
2* Mail and time system
3* Traffic options and renting system

1#Everyday life in Tg Rp#

I thought about this on the buss today, and it seems like a really good idea to me! If we could have something like a Real job system!
The jobs could for example be a car salesman, police, paramedic, fireman, thiefs, grocery shop owners (MELONS)! The Jobs could be limitless! Each job would have it's own salary for example the police having a slightly higher salary than the Grocery shop owner because of the increased risks involved...

More coming!
You will only get money for the time you're acctually in your job, and it should be mailed to you about every 2 hours.

2#The mail and time system#

I'm thinking of something like a postbox where you get your salaries and bills.... YES BILLS! The electricity for your apartment isn't free you know! Any additional fines you'd get from the police should be put here aswell. This can either be a box you put the mail in, or a automatic message system that lets you pay bills and fines, and recive your salaries via command or button.

When I said 2 hours this is what I mean should be the time to round up/summary a whole day. this means that there will be 120 mins instead of 1440... this is 12 times faster, and should make the gameplay viable. increased store times and job times would be good, as half of this time there would be little to do.
The night time would be about 1/3 of the day, and should be from 11pm-7 am or something like that. albino

3#Renting cars and taking taxies

I'm imagining there to be a car park where you can buy or rent cars on demand, this doesn't have to be a job, but can simply be made via a renting panel.

Another thing I'd like to see on the server would be taxi drivers. It'd be a boring job, but it'd hopefully get a decent salary.
Back to top Go down
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Nice Ideas!   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:36 pm

You got a really nice idea and I'll use everything you just wrote. I kinda want the sallary to come every 5 minutes tho, but in smaller amounts! It would make the jobs funnier, just think of it, see the changes on the sallary every 2 miiinuuuuuuuutueeees, INCREASING!

I love the mail system idea btw.

+SUGGEST! (write this if you want the idea to become true in the gamemode)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegoatriders.com
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Yup   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Yeah. But don't add too much realism or it'll just get boring. I'd recommend adding some... hmm... gangs and similar, but Alex beat me too in on Steam.

+SUGGEST Anyway, I thought why can't people own hotels and rent out rooms?

Last edited by Zemog on Fri May 29, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d219f59aaf68268b76b8b489c11
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Zemog wrote:
Yeah. But don't add too much realism or it'll just get boring. I'd recommend adding some... hmm... gangs and similar, but Alex beat me too in on Steam.

Anyway, I thought why can't people own hotels and rent out rooms?

Yesh! renting own rooms and stuff sounds awesome, but you could easilly do that by just buy up all the doors and sell them Razz Have you played Perp btw? They got a House-selling NPC, totally awesome, was thinking of something like that.
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: stuff   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:49 pm

+SUGGEST
Sounds like a great idea. More jobs by the way. Car renter and real estate manager should be amongst them. Pickpocketing should also be possible to some degree.

Here's a crazy idea: Is it possible to make an Invent-o-matic? You buy the stuff that you want, walk up to the 'Coke machine (Invent-o-matic) and you pay a small fine to have something made. Anyone who has played Bioshock will know what I mean.

EDIT: Make that include resources like metal and similar.
'
EDIT:EDIT: Miners could be a job. They sell recourses to people who make stuff out of it (Only job 'Scientist' can work an invent-o-matic) and they sell it to stores who again sells the stuff to whoever needs it.

Back to top Go down
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain
[TG]Hailstorm

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:53 pm

Zemog wrote:
Sounds like a great idea. More jobs by the way. Car renter and real estate manager should be amongst them.
Pickpocketing should also be possible to some degree.EDIT:
I had that covered by the thief job Razz
A hotel manager would also be nice to have, but as the doors would have to be sold via the system or a panel it would be hard to acctually make a job out of it :O
The job would be more like a security guard!

SECURITY GUARD IS MY JOBZ!
Back to top Go down
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 7:04 pm

[TG]Hailstorm wrote:
Zemog wrote:
Sounds like a great idea. More jobs by the way. Car renter and real estate manager should be amongst them.
Pickpocketing should also be possible to some degree.EDIT:
I had that covered by the thief job Razz
A hotel manager would also be nice to have, but as the doors would have to be sold via the system or a panel it would be hard to acctually make a job out of it :O
The job would be more like a security guard!

SECURITY GUARD IS MY JOBZ!

Yes! A security guard job is fully possible to make!
Back to top Go down
HolyCrapDudeXD
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
HolyCrapDudeXD

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Cool I would LOVE to be hotel owner and send you with all your luggage as far up as possible.... WITH NO ELEVATORS!!!!!!!!

Have ID'd keys. So you can pull out Key no.666 to go to that apartment. You have to buy keys first obviously

Jobs: You get paid a fixed salary every 15 minutes and you get extra if you do the job i.e. when youre a paramedic you get $200 in 15 min and added to that you also get the same amount of money as you heal people. I mean you heal 10hp and get $10.

As a cop you have to tase people, put them in the trunk and get them to the police station = $10 per how many people the crimnal killed Very Happy

Heres the Fixed salary that I suggest (every 15 min)

Kid=$5 (pocket money)
News paper boy=$20 + $2 per paper deliered. (Would work well with mail system)
Gangster/Janitor (Alex)=$50 (Gangsters steal 5% of someones money who they killed/ Janitors fined 3 doller bills in dumpsters)
Taxi driver=$75 + $10 per fare
Shop owner/Drug dealer=$100 + $20 per sale
Medic=$150 + however much hp you heal.
Police=$200 + $50 per a player with one kill/$100 pp with 2 kills etc.
Club owner=$400 + However much alcohol is bought beer=10 wine=20 cocktail=50 champagne=75

Okay I'm probably asking for too much but you can pick certain bits of it Very Happy

Also an ability to build a business like a club/crack house and upgrade it. Would be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.smouch.net/lol
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain
braincabinet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:58 pm

you have to add the job BANKER he has a Large Salary and a Vault Where he can stash other peoples Moneys.
Also SCOOOOOTERS FOR ALL TG ! Very Happy

like the postbox system and there should be one for each house but you have to buy the postbox and the door before you get to open the door and doors have to be expensive compared to living at the motel
Back to top Go down
http://www.braindawgs.com
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: rofl   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:11 pm

+SUGGEST: To prevent random killing by cops, here's a realistic system: Once you have killed a person (Or more) for whatever reason, you have 30 minutes to file a report by pressing, for example 'F' or you'll be autokicked. The report must include a reason for why to kill and who you killed. These reports can be viewed by admins or the Police chief at any time. What do you think?

Back to top Go down
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain
braincabinet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:15 pm

sounds good i hate cops who random kill
and we need a Good cop skin as well with a hat and a badge :O
Back to top Go down
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Zemog wrote:
IDEA: To prevent random killing by cops, here's a realistic system: Once you have killed a person (Or more) for whatever reason, you have 30 minutes to file a report by pressing, for example 'F' or you'll be autokicked. The report must include a reason for why to kill and who you killed. These reports can be viewed by admins or the Police chief at any time. What do you think?

Perfect mr. Zemog!
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:34 pm

+SUGGEST
'Nother idea:
Home-brewed alcohol instead of drugs. It gives you 120 stamina boost if you use it yourself, but you walk slightly slower and in cicle-ish-things (+forward 1 sec, +back, +right e.t.c.)

Last edited by Zemog on Fri May 29, 2009 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:07 pm

Zemog wrote:
'Nother idea:
Home-brewed alcohol instead of drugs. It gives you 120 stamina boost if you use it yourself, but you walk slightly slower and in cicle-ish-things (+forward 1 sec, +back, +right e.t.c.)
This is perfect! need more of this!
Back to top Go down
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain
braincabinet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:08 pm

Different types and Strengths of alcohol
and shrooms in the park ! that Grow at random

A Castle on a hill with Banners Of Brainz on them that is my Home and A Tg Hideout with doors that cannot be opened by cops

oh and we need to have a vending machine for Coke and other drinks that make you go into sugar shock :p

and a beach where we can sun our Shmexy nekkid bodies farao
Back to top Go down
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Alcohol effects   Ideas and suggestions EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:35 am

There could be 3 types of alcohol:
(Can change)

1. LeoWeiser
- Increases your speed and Jump ability by 50% for 30 sec.
- Makes a blurry screen

2. TurtleGin
- Increases Armor
- Makes a blurry screen

3. PandaMilk (lol)
- Increases Strength
- Makes a blurry screen
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Dudududud   Ideas and suggestions EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:44 am

+SUGGEST: Miners sell recourses to scientist. Teachers learn stuff so they can become scientists. The scientists use the invent-o-matic's pre-sets (For example to make a gun you need: Steel, lead, coal e.t.c.) And sell the guns to arms dealers. The arms dealers sell it to people in smaller quantities. What do you think?

Job: Taxi/busdriver for the people who can't afford vehicle in the start.
Job: Teacher: You pay a tiny fine to learn about science so you can operate an invent-o-matic (See post above for further information)

<<Here's a crazy idea: Is it possible to make an Invent-o-matic? You buy the stuff that you want, walk up to the 'Coke machine (Invent-o-matic) and you pay a small fine to have something made. Anyone who has played Bioshock will know what I mean.

EDIT: Make that include resources like metal and similar.
'
EDIT:EDIT: Miners could be a job. They sell recourses to people who make stuff out of it (Only job 'Scientist' can work an invent-o-matic) and they sell it to stores who again sells the stuff to whoever needs it.>>

BASICALLY: Miners sell recourses to scientist. Teachers learn stuff so they can become scientists. The scientists use the invent-o-matic's pre-sets (For example to make a gun you need: Steel, lead, coal e.t.c.) And sell the guns to arms dealers. The arms dealers sell it to people in smaller quantities. What do you think?

Back to top Go down
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain
braincabinet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:22 pm

i made a list of items that should be Sweps
they should also be visible for the people watching from the Outside as Proper Models that
make you look cool
for instance the cellphone looks like a Cellphone in your hand

*cellphone that allows for 2 man chatting no listening in on the conversation
*keys that give a bleep and a blinking light whenever you unlock or lock something
*beer 1 : gets you drunk with a special effect
*beer 2 : gets you drunk with a special effect
*beer 3 : gets you drunk with a special effect
*shrooms : Gets you high when eaten
*bong : gets you high when used with weeds
*Burger : Fastfood
*melon : fooood
*banana : not as good food as melons and burgers
*bag of crisps : a night time snack if you end up hungry
*mining pick : for mining ofcourse
*cokacola : for getting sober if too drunk
*Axe : for lumberjacking
*Knife : for beeing a chef at fancy resturant or burger joint
*Condom : for having epic europeanstyle Sex in the bushes
*Flashlight : for seeing in the dark
*Radio : for listening to musics
*Sunglasses : for equipping and looking awesome they darken your screen a little
*Playable guitar: it uses the numpad to play and /*- to change where on the guitar youre playing
*pen : used to combine with paper to leave notes around
*paper : used with pen to make Notes
*helium baloon : allows you to jum slightly higher
*Laser pen : for pointing at objects for easyer showing someone something

theese are just the few things i Quickly threw into my list if you find something missing feel free to Chime in and i would be happy to add it to my list Very Happy
sadly i cannot make sweps so that gets to be someone elses job Razz
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Brilliant is all I have to say for that. I also like the laser pen actually.
+SUGGEST
There should be a GPS marker system. And you can set GPS marks on friend's GPSes (Send them a GPS request, accept and ta-daa. There you have your nice shiny new GPS thing that can be removed at any time.)

Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyFri May 29, 2009 2:27 pm

+SUGGEST
'Nother idea:
* There's another inventory called 'moving van' - Costs a certain amount of money per minute, but can move big items like furniture.

* NPC's sell furniture that you can load out and re-arrange in your hose.

* NPC's sell computers, either that or general store owners... heck, General store owners sell computers and furniture too. - Integrate with PC mod to some extent if possible... Razz

* Hman - A Helper for noobies. An NPC with programmed routes. Will point at roadsigns, and explain. Will explain the GPS, weapons, stores, echonomy e.t.c.

* Cman - A helper to help you get in the world of crime.

Type !help or !crime_help to place a marker on the GPS where to go. Instructions about !help is always in the top/bottom right corner of the UI, and in the middle of the screen when you join.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyFri May 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Possible!
Back to top Go down
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain
braincabinet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyFri May 29, 2009 7:15 pm

not bad not bad
is the city gonna have an airport ?
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:41 pm

Scripted planes that take off and land would be AWEEEEESOME!
Back to top Go down
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain
braincabinet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:22 pm

yea thats what i thought about :p

Also there should be a twist on the money system so that you loose all unbanked money if you log off and items should be resellable at the vendor so if youre leaveing you "move out" and sell all your stuff and bank all your cash

also at the start of each month we should have a season change.

plus every so so often at random intervals there could spawn a random item in a rotating thing in the sky that chucks out the spawned item with a HUGE MESSAGE " GOD IS PLEASED AND SENDS A GIFT "

and also it could spawn a MASSIVE METEOR THAT EXPLODES with the message " GOD IS ANGERED "

just a few ideas Razz
Back to top Go down
HolyCrapDudeXD
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
HolyCrapDudeXD

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions EmptySun May 31, 2009 6:08 pm

Well RP iis pretty much like an RPG soo.... Have stats?
You should have like strength - how big the Items are taht you can pck up with the grav gun.
Speed - How fast you move/sprint
Charisma - The bigger it is the easier it is to score while sober tongue also helps on gettng jobs etc.

OH HERES ANOTHER THING! Many people (many people means zemog XD)have been sayin that you need to have materials to get items.
Well to buy a car you will need money and a certain level drivers licence.
Also people have wanted to grow/make stuff so have skills like Cooking/Craftsmanship/Intelligence - the higher they are the faster you make things.

Don't make it too realistic with the hunger stat. It's no fun
Back to top Go down
http://www.smouch.net/lol
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas and suggestions   Ideas and suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas and suggestions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next