Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change

Go down 
+3
HolyCrapDudeXD
Zemog
[TG]Hailstorm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain
[TG]Hailstorm

The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change Empty
PostSubject: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 3:32 pm

In the 7th of december most of the world leaders are going to gather in Copenhagen to discuss what should be done about the Climate issue. Do you think they will achieve something with this meeting? Will they be able to sort something out?

"There is no plan B for the planet" Gordon brown said in his interview with sky news. Many hope that Obama will be able to change Americas climate policies. Will we be able to do something?

Link to said Interview
The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change Climatechange

Last edited by [TG]Hailstorm on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 3:35 pm

I think the solution to the minor issue of global warming is simple. Plant trees, let the photosynthesis take care of the rest.

The end.
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d219f59aaf68268b76b8b489c11
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain
[TG]Hailstorm

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Zemog wrote:
I think the solution to the minor issue of global warming is simple. Plant trees, let the photosynthesis take care of the rest.

The end.

I agree with planting trees, but I also belive that something more should be done. That countries like China and Usa now show that they are willing to start thinking more of the climate says alot. In 2080 a quarter of the worlds population will be without water. This is also something that will affect us in Europe. To be able to stop this evolvement I think that we need to start thinking about reducing use of power, and stop overusing our water supplies. I'm not like Hugo Chavez and want you to do three minute baths, but we still need to reduce the amount of resources we use in our daily lives.
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 4:22 pm

[TG]Hailstorm wrote:
Zemog wrote:

The end.

I agree with planting trees, but I also belive that something more should be done. That countries like China and Usa now show that they are willing to start thinking more of the climate says alot. In 2080 a quarter of the worlds population will be without water. This is also something that will affect us in Europe. To be able to stop this evolvement I think that we need to start thinking about reducing use of power, and stop overusing our water supplies. I'm not like Hugo Chavez and want you to do three minute baths, but we still need to reduce the amount of resources we use in our daily lives.

Actually, population control is the solving of recourse issues. Europe is -0,1% in population. If each couple has one child we'll have our population back to half of what it is now, and recourses will be restored.

Norway has 1,9 children per couple, same goes for the rest of Europe combined, USA has 2,1, and Africa is the real problem with 5,8.

Resources and water don't just dissipate, and with more of the natural nature restored and most of the Co2 gone water supplies will also go back to normal (seeing as the climate isn't changing and the water doesn't stay as gas)
Back to top Go down
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain
[TG]Hailstorm

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Zemog wrote:
[TG]Hailstorm wrote:
Zemog wrote:

The end.

Actually, population control is the solving of recourse issues. Europe is -0,1% in population. If each couple has one child we'll have our population back to half of what it is now, and recourses will be restored.

Norway has 1,9 children per couple, same goes for the rest of Europe combined, USA has 2,1, and Africa is the real problem with 5,8.

Resources and water don't just dissipate, and with more of the natural nature restored and most of the Co2 gone water supplies will also go back to normal (seeing as the climate isn't changing and the water doesn't stay as gas)

So how are you gonna fix Africa then? The very problem that you are talking about is our fault. The reason why Africa is as it is atm is because the european nations decided to take all Africas resources. The resources we took from Africa has made it worse for them to build up their own nations. Their living standards are at an all time low due to War and hunger. This all could have been avoided if the europeans would lend a hand. But because of our own ignorance the one place with the biggest amount of mineral resources(and possible wealth) are also the continent with the worst living standards. This is why there is as much as 6 children for each mother and father.

When it comes to what you said about Water and resources not dissipating that is also wrong, Water as a resources has been diminished greatly theese last hundred years, and when the only new source of fresh water can bring us into a new ice age then Howdy ho! What about Coal, oil and charocal? Petroleum is made way to slow to be counted as a replenishable resource.

The climate will not go back to normal if nations like the USA and China continue with their agressive industrial policies.
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:10 pm

[TG]Hailstorm wrote:
Zemog wrote:
[TG]Hailstorm wrote:
Zemog wrote:

The end.

So how are you gonna fix Africa then? The very problem that you are talking about is our fault. The reason why Africa is as it is atm is because the european nations decided to take all Africas resources. The resources we took from Africa has made it worse for them to build up their own nations. Their living standards are at an all time low due to War and hunger. This all could have been avoided if the europeans would lend a hand. But because of our own ignorance the one place with the biggest amount of mineral resources(and possible wealth) are also the continent with the worst living standards. This is why there is as much as 6 children for each mother and father.

When it comes to what you said about Water and resources not dissipating that is also wrong, Water as a resources has been diminished greatly theese last hundred years, and when the only new source of fresh water can bring us into a new ice age then Howdy ho! What about Coal, oil and charocal? Petroleum is made way to slow to be counted as a replenishable resource.

The climate will not go back to normal if nations like the USA and China continue with their agressive industrial policies.

The only way water can disappear is by sending it to space.
Unless the world gets more then 30 000 000 000 residents there will always be enough water, as long as it's split equally. Same goes for all resources.

Now that the world's more "mature" it can only go positively. It may take some time, but after a while we're bound to go back to 5 000 000 000 residents, and when that day comes everyone will be wealthier, there will be more resources e.t.c.

All we need to do is keep concerning about population growth and the climate. We don't really need to do a lot to fix those mistakes. Make some morally 'augh choices, live on to see another day.
Back to top Go down
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain
[TG]Hailstorm

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:50 pm

What I meant about the water dissapearing is the fact that there is enough water, but much of this water is undrinkable. To pollute water is the same as wasting it away. How are you gonna be concerned about population growth if you do not tend to the need of the poor? Are you gonna deliver the resources to them yourself? In a conference between the U and I countries many years back this was said by a representative from the U countries: "We will promise reduce our population, if you promise you will reduce your consumation".

The fact that we today use as much as four times as much food as the Africans do, only testaments to that something need to be done with our own lifestyle. Yes of course you can do like China did a few years back(one child policy), but with the current situation in Underdeveloped countries this is the same as telling them to go die. There is a reason for why they get as many kids as they do, their situation allows nothing else.

To say that the only thing we need to do is to sit on our asses and plant trees, does no give you any excuse whatsoever to say that all is fine.
Zemog wrote:
Make some morally 'augh choices, live on to see another day.
I could of course be wrong, but you make it sound realy disturbing. It is getting dangerously close to what Hitler said when he decided to exterminate an entire people. This kind of thinking does not belong in a modern day society, it is something that should be frowned upon. We might as well kill off ourselves and spare the world of our arrogance.
Back to top Go down
HolyCrapDudeXD
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
HolyCrapDudeXD

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:11 pm

The only step forward being made by going to Copenhagen is if they walk there... And it is America's and China's fault mostly. Come on it's obvious. Las Vegas is lit up like a fucking christmas tree and Beijing, well... Thats not mist...

And they bloody tell us that we will save the world if we turn that little red light on our TEEEEEVEEEEEEEE...
Back to top Go down
http://www.smouch.net/lol
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:30 pm

What I meant was:

A) Population control. Do like china does. It is "morally 'augh", but it will help overall, and no one will be hurt. One-child policy. If a second child is born, the circumstances are to be considered, and if intended they will have to pay a fee/education e.t.c.

B) Water, no matter how poluted, can always be cleaned. The easiest way? The most natural way, first let the water enter the cyclus. Water -> Gas -> Ice -> water, then use chemicals and various processes to clean it.
Back to top Go down
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain
[TG]Hailstorm

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:46 pm

Zemog wrote:
What I meant was:
B) Water, no matter how poluted, can always be cleaned. The easiest way? The most natural way, first let the water enter the cyclus. Water -> Gas -> Ice -> water, then use chemicals and various processes to clean it.

And how many countries in the world a willing to do that? Africans don't have the founds or the expertise to do such a thing. The closest they've come to this is to build refineries that turns salt water into *CHOUGH* drinkable water*CHOUGH*.
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:50 pm

I mentioned it earlier, it will take time, but the world is maturing and coming to realize what is happening. It's only a matter of time before the world is close to equal.
Back to top Go down
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain
[TG]Hailstorm

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 3:09 pm

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2009/10/16/ctw.foster.intv.lomborg.cnn
Just a small link to what a scientist says about the summit.
Back to top Go down
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain
braincabinet

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:37 pm

if we pollute more the climate will grow warmer

so if we Pollute EVEN MORe THAN WE DO NOW ... we can potentially skip the next ice age and head straight to the next era of livable temprature in which case we can remove the Co2 gasses ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.braindawgs.com
[TG] Chief (alex) -Admin-
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 11:14 pm

Oh we will be able to remove the CO2 gasses, we just need the push.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegoatriders.com
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:06 am

I'm with Chief on that one.
It's only a problem if no-one cares. And everyone seems to care, so hooray.
Back to top Go down
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 1:38 am

Zemog wrote:
I'm with Chief on that one.
It's only a problem if no-one cares. And everyone seems to care, so hooray.

I dont believe in the CO2 teory about the heating, i think we're over with the last ice-age... In the medeval ages it was much warmer here in norway.
Back to top Go down
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain
[TG]Hailstorm

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:08 am

That is correct mistar chief, but thats due to the fact that the now warmer weather melts the ice that affects the golf stream... That makes the overall temperature of ze water going to western Europe ze colders ;P
Back to top Go down
TG Leader
TG Leader

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 2:20 am

[TG]Hailstorm wrote:
That is correct mistar chief, but thats due to the fact that the now warmer weather melts the ice that affects the golf stream... That makes the overall temperature of ze water going to western Europe ze colders ;P

YOU FAIL! THAT IS INCORRECT! IT WILL STOP IT! if there is no cold water, the cycle will stop!
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 10:29 am

[TG]Hailstorm wrote:

*Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
The water will be the same temperature as the entire gulf stream for it to stop, thus making Norway have close to the same temperature, plus 1 or 2 degrees and the rest of Europe will be a bit warmer.
Back to top Go down
[TG]Hailstorm
TG Captain
TG Captain
[TG]Hailstorm

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 1:58 pm

The former post of mine was to get dominance of this forum, it did not make any sense at all and should not be included in the discussion on this forum
Back to top Go down
Benjamin0434

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:42 pm

my guess is that in order to do something about this, one thing has to change (probably other things aswell but just sticking with one):
mankind has to be less greedy and by being less greedy should be prepared to spend money so alot more can be done

and no i'm not talking about that wrestler mankind
The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change L_97750d19f26b47d1394700c89e8398b4
Back to top Go down
Manfesto
TG Founder
TG Founder
Manfesto

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Last edited by Manfesto on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HolyCrapDudeXD
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
HolyCrapDudeXD

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm

One thing I was thinking about is that the earth's axis is getting more of a tilt. Britain has been very cold over the last 2 years...
Back to top Go down
http://www.smouch.net/lol
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change   The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change Empty

Back to top Go down

The copenhagen summit- Worlds climate change
Page 1 of 1