Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My tablet thingy idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Th3M4ni4c

Th3M4ni4c

My tablet thingy idea Empty
PostSubject: My tablet thingy idea   My tablet thingy idea EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Ok i just got an idea when i was drawing with my tablet.

Ok sorry for the pics, i uploaded several pics at once on images shack so i cant show them on the forum but here are the links.

It is an 3D Tablet wich creates an illusion of a object sticking out of the tablet, see the pics.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

So basicly there are 3 lcd screens and a head tracking camera (not in the pictures).

You make the shape with your fingers on the bottom lcd screen (touch) and drag it up.

Each screen shows some part of the shape you made and the head tracking camera rotates it if you turn.

If you have seen something like this before please tell me.

Tell me what you think, constructive critism please.

Edit: Dammit i posted in the random section, move it please?

Edit 2: Ohh and i think i got some typos in my pictures.
Back to top Go down
[TG] Chief (alex) -Admin-
TG Leader
TG Leader
[TG] Chief (alex) -Admin-

PostSubject: Re: My tablet thingy idea   My tablet thingy idea EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:23 pm

You don't need 3 screens anyway btw, only one! You'd also need to track the eye position of the person compared to the hand position.

... and check this out:

Back to top Go down
http://www.thegoatriders.com
Th3M4ni4c

Th3M4ni4c

PostSubject: Re: My tablet thingy idea   My tablet thingy idea EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Wouldn't it be very expensive to use holographic technolog?

And if you got 3 screens you can make "bigger" things and you can look much more around.
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: My tablet thingy idea   My tablet thingy idea EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:21 pm

Well, 3D holographic technology doesn't exist and doesn't make sense. (Where'd the light particles hit?)
What a volumetric display is is multiple fan-blades spinning with LEDs on them and the LEDs turning on and off at precise timing. Requires advanced software, not very handy, not very expensive either.

Maniac, your screen system would look no more 3D than the LED TVs we have at home currently. The 3D effect is achieved with depth of field which means the eye focuses on one thing and blurs another out. It's "Virtually" achieved with apertures within camera equipment, and current 3D technology bases itself around the principle of having a red/blue merge so one eye focuses on the red part and the other on the blue part. It works effectively but not perfectly, but it's currently the best way to achieve this and the only beneficial one achieved as of yet.

However your idea isn't as far-fetched as you may think.
It may not have anything to do with 3D, but gamers use multiple screens to get a better view of their enemies.
My tablet thingy idea 142692d1255382394-my-multi-screen-pc-setup-thatll-do-nicely
It's not used within home TV, movies or anything else because it'd be completely pointless.
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d219f59aaf68268b76b8b489c11
Th3M4ni4c

Th3M4ni4c

PostSubject: Re: My tablet thingy idea   My tablet thingy idea EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:36 pm

Here look...

This is what i mean.

Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PostSubject: Re: My tablet thingy idea   My tablet thingy idea EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:35 am

That's a 2D screen you mup, with head tracking software.
You can download that for Half Life. All you need is a source game and a webcam.
Head tracking API, that's what it's called.
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d219f59aaf68268b76b8b489c11
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My tablet thingy idea   My tablet thingy idea Empty

Back to top Go down

My tablet thingy idea
Page 1 of 1