Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PSC rule draft

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

PSC rule draft Empty
PostSubject: PSC rule draft   PSC rule draft EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:00 am

SAVING THE DRAFT HERE, SINCE WORD CRASHES ON ME AND I DON'T TRUST NOTEPAD FOR COMPRESSION!

---

[highlight]The contribution tutorial[/highlight]

Hey Photoshop veterans and newbies.
What I see way too much of here in the Photoshop contests section is “2 second shit”, “meme posts” or worse, awful contributions with actual effort put into them.

What I’m putting my account at risk for here is simply to brighten up the Photoshop contests section a bit by lecturing it’s few browsers.
Therefore I will give you some picture tutorials as well as handing you handy dandy tips so you can avoid that big, discouraging PSC rule draft Box below.

[release]Content:

• 1 - Helpful tips.
  • 2 - Character editing.
  • 3 - Object editing.
  • 4 - Environment editing.
  • 5 - Still need help?

[/release]

1 – Helpful tips.

Be creative.

This might be one of the most important things to consider. You have to think up something that nobody’d expect.
For example, if you saw this apple;

[img_thumb]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img708/3819/applesploit.png[/img_thumb]

you’d probably immediately think “Oh, I’m gonna make the Apple logo. I’m gonna get sooooo many funnies”
However I’d encourage you to think more creatively, like our friend BubonicCHG here has done. He made an orple.

[img_thumb]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img443/7981/orple.jpg[/img_thumb]

So, before you get started spend at least two minutes thinking about and gaining inspiration for your upcoming contribution.

Imagine the impossible.

Once you’ve thought about your totally unique and crazy idea, don’t let your limitations hold you back. You’re always able to do more then you could imagine with a little extra work. The honest truth is that the more effort you put into your contribution the more positive feedback you will gain and vice versa.

Here’s an example where Markntosh limited his own possibilities by not doing the impossible.

[img_thumb]https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img198/5290/tf2iraqspy.png[/img_thumb]

The idea wasn’t of the most original caliber, but nevertheless I decided to do what I refer to as “the impossible”.

[img_thumb] https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img525/1020/iranman.png[/img_thumb]

Admittedly it has flaws and is sloppily done, but you get the idea.

Be patient.

When you’re working on a complicated project and you’ve worked for a while you might simply get bored and give up.
I discourage this (Unless you’re trying to do something impossible. And this time, literally).
You should keep working no matter what. Save it, eat something, read something, continue.
Listen to music or watch a video while you’re doing it.

This is simply how you earn your “fame and fortune”.
There is a secret to successful photoshops, and that my friends is patience.

Unfortunately this is the one thing I myself don’t have. I normally give up after about half an hour.
This is however my mistake, and not yours.

Ctrl + J every layer

One thing that might anger you to the fullest is when you’ve done something stupid and can’t undo it. There is one thing I do to prevent this, and that’s pressing ctrl + J for every layer I own. This duplicates the layer so I can revert to it later. I do it a lot, and this leaves the layer panel messy.

You can avoid that by sorting your layers into folders and/or giving them names.
Nevertheless I highly recommend this.

Scan for oddities.

Once you think you’re done I want you to use at least two minutes scanning for oddities. It might be the details that ruin your shoop. If it either is a clone stamp duplicated bird in the background or a staircase misaligned it ruins the immersion of the image.

Repeat the process for every mistake you fix. Be a perfectionist.

Wrap up and upload.

Once you’re done, make sure your image is perfect. Check if it’s transparent if it needs to be transparent. Save the image as a .png file and upload it to a trusted source. I recommend Photobucket or Imageshack.
If you make a .gif animation you should upload it to Imageshack for the sole purpose of saving your Photobucket bandwith. You have 10gb every month and I’ve used mine up way too many times. Hundreds of my images then suddenly get replaced with a sign saying “Do you want to upgrade your bandwith?”

You don’t want that, now do you?

Take feedback.

Here’s the most important one of them all. Listen to what the common folks have to say. Whatever they wish is your command.

This is how you can learn from your past mistakes and improve yourself until you’re master of the internet.

Optional step

An optional step that I take in use quite often is editing your post. If you notice mistakes even after you’ve posted you should go back to Photoshop, fix it, edit your post and… well, yeah. That’s it.

2 - Character editing.

Let’s get to the juicy bit. The Photoshopping itself.

3 - Object editing.

4 - Environment editing.

5 - Still need help?

[highlight]The posting tutorial[/highlight]

[highlight]The thread creation tutorial[/highlight]

[highlight]Getting started[/highlight]
I realized this tutorial should be at the top, but only 10% of the people in this section need this tutorial.

And moderators. You might ban me and that’s fine with me, but consider what I’m doing as helpful. :3:
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d219f59aaf68268b76b8b489c11
Manfesto
TG Founder
TG Founder
Manfesto

PSC rule draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSC rule draft   PSC rule draft EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:13 pm

-

Last edited by Manfesto on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[TGR] Dexter