Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lua programming.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mac
TG Captain
TG Captain
mac

Lua programming. Empty
PostSubject: Lua programming.   Lua programming. EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Hey there. I woke up this morning thinking: "Hey. I wanna learn lua!" I looked on the garrysmod.com wiki. And I learned some stuff about some functions and variables. Then i though. Why not try to download and edit a script. To see how it works. So I did. But I still dont have any idea how to make gamemodes, and other lua scripts from scratch. Where do I find the functions and stuff? How do you really learn lua? I have allready talked to chief. But I wanted to hear you guys oppinon.
Back to top Go down
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

Lua programming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lua programming.   Lua programming. EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:42 pm

mac wrote:
Hey there. I woke up this morning thinking: "Hey. I wanna learn lua!" I looked on the garrysmod.com wiki. And I learned some stuff about some functions and variables. Then i though. Why not try to download and edit a script. To see how it works. So I did. But I still dont have any idea how to make gamemodes, and other lua scripts from scratch. Where do I find the functions and stuff? How do you really learn lua? I have allready talked to chief. But I wanted to hear you guys oppinon.

I went to the garrysmod.com wiki and I learned some stuff about some functions and variables. Then I realized I hadn't really learned anything since I forgot it at once. I tried it practically and failed. After that I complained to myself and gave up. Razz

Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d219f59aaf68268b76b8b489c11
braincabinet
TG Captain
TG Captain
braincabinet

Lua programming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lua programming.   Lua programming. EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:44 pm

i considered it then though Fuck it im gonna watch anime instead hope that helped =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.braindawgs.com
[TG] Chief (alex) -Admin-
TG Leader
TG Leader
[TG] Chief (alex) -Admin-

Lua programming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lua programming.   Lua programming. EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:46 pm

You don't learn to make gamemodes in one day, it takes weeks, even months. Download a funny addon or gamemode, like GMDM, and try to edit it.

It will take a looooong time. The only reason why i kept trying and didn't give up, was because i bored my ass off (bmas) in the summer vacation! GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegoatriders.com
Zemog
TG Colonel
TG Colonel
Zemog

Lua programming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lua programming.   Lua programming. EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:49 pm

[TG] Chief (alex) -Admin- wrote:
You don't learn to make gamemodes in one day, it takes weeks, even months. Download a funny addon or gamemode, like GMDM, and try to edit it.

It will take a looooong time. The only reason why i kept trying and didn't give up, was because i bored my ass off (bmas) in the summer vacation! GOOD LUCK!
'

*Mumble grumble time on hands mumble*

I've got to write a 10 minute oral presentation due tomorrow, and I've still got like 2 exams remaining.
After that I've got a lot of other things I'd like to catch up to.
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.dipity.com/uploads/events/d219f59aaf68268b76b8b489c11
War Dawg

War Dawg

Lua programming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lua programming.   Lua programming. EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:15 pm

hay man im lerning lua atm tooi find it better to lern basics if you write single scritpts usung luapad - an in game editor allowing you to run script ingame

also once done reading tuts you should thry this site http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Derma_Controls

use therse controls. also i gave u derma beouse it more interesting you can see your menu evolve as u trie to code it

ANY mistakes u make apear in the console. its a great help
Back to top Go down
mac
TG Captain
TG Captain
mac

Lua programming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lua programming.   Lua programming. EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Thank you. I'll take a look at that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lua programming. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lua programming.   Lua programming. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lua programming.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General-
Jump to: